2nd and Charles Summer Haul

I decided to clean up my bookshelf some and take a few books to 2nd and Charles. With the store credit I picked up a few new books, a few that I have been wanting to read for a while.


The first one is I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. This is a coming of age story about two teens who are struggling to find their places in the world and with each other. The novel is told by each twin and showcases LGBT characters. 


Second, I picked up The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle. This book was showcased in an Owl Crate a few months back and has intrigued me ever since. It is a magical story about a cursed family that experiences accidents every October. It is predicted that this season will be one of the worst and the main character, Cara, must discover the truth to stop the accidents. 


In a fairy-tale retelling recommendation video by ProblemsOfABookNerd, CeCe highly recommended Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix and it's sequels Palace of Mirrors and Palace of Lies. I found all three books for amazing prices and took them all home. Just Ella is the story after Cinderella's happily ever after where she learns that being a princess is confining and her new husband is dull. The subsequent novels occur in the same universe and follow different royal characters.


My last find was a Blind Date with a Book novel who's description grabbed my attention. I love fairy-tale retelling books, especially anything from the villain's point of view. 


As soon as I sat down in the car I ripped open the package and found Wicked by Gregory Maguire! I was so excited as I have been wanting to read this for years but always forget to pick it up! I cannot wait to dive into this backstory of the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. 



I am hoping these books will put me back into a reading mood because I have been reading only one book a month for the past few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment