2016 SEC Championship Game

Each December J and I try to visit a place we have never been.  For 2016, we took a trip to Atlanta, GA to see our Gators play in the SEC Championship.  We have never been to an away game so this was quite the experience! 


Snapping some selfies as we waited for T to pick us up from our hotel. 


We had a short drive through downtown Atlanta to the Georgia Dome.  The weather was clear and sunny at the start of the day so I was able to snap a few pictures. 


2016 was the last year the SEC Championship would be played in the Georgia Dome as next year, the new stadium will be ready for fans! 


We started the day at SEC Fan Fare in the Georgia World Convention Center. 





Because the event is sponsored by Dr. Pepper, we were able to get free "samples" throughout the event!  We love football and Dr. Pepper so this was perfect for us!


After the end of the 2015 football season, I purchased this Gator vest from JC Penny and I was excited to finally wear it!  I styled it with a white JC Penny sweater, GAP jeans, my orange and blue Flirties earrings and my new sneakers!  




Of course the SEC Nation and Tim Tebow made an appearance.


At 2:00 the Gator Marching Band and cheerleaders appeared for the UF Pep Rally!





After exploring Fan Fare, it was time to head to the Dome for the game. 




Unlike the Swamp at home, the Georgia Dome is covered so we didn't have to worry about heat or rain!  What a nice change!





T and I rushed down to the field to catch a glimpse of our favorite guys.









Even though we didn't win, J and I had a fantastic time cheering for our team with our friends.


Final score: 16 to 54





Go Gators and go SEC!


Saying goodbye to Atlanta, what a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment